we usually clean floor tile. But we skip cleaning tile grout. without cleaning tile grout, whole tile floor doesn’t get it’s perfect look. As tile grout contain dirt and stains, One can’t skip cleaning tile grout for an awesome floor look.
Cleaning tile is a ‘must do’ job for any homeowners who are really careful about the internal beauty of their home . It is said that cleaning tile floor twice a week is a standard. But very few people follow this standard.
And some of them even don’t care to clean tile grout. But there are still some homeowners who take this issue seriously as filthy tile grout represent themselves awkward to their visiting guest. Sometimes it’s embarrassing also.
Tile grout cleaning isn’t a very daunting job. It is as like as tile cleaning. you can do it by yourself with homemade ingredients. Don’t need to go for a grout cleaner.
You can read : Carpet Tiles A Great Alternative Flooring Option
what you needed to clean tile grout:
6: spray bottle
How to clean tile grout
Are you tensed to do this? don’t worry dude. it’s a very easy task you have had ever made. If it’s the first time for you, don’t worry. Just follow the following steps-
Step 1 : First you have to Take your empty spray bottle and fill the spray bottle with water and vinegar. The amount of water and vinegar must be fifty-fifty. I mean equal.
Step 2: Then Take the bowl you have, mix soda with water proportionately. leave the mixture for five minutes to be the perfect solution.
Step 3 : Now take the bottle that you poured with water and vinegar and spray the selected grout area which you want to clean. let the mixture sit there for a couple of minutes.
Step 4: Take the bowl where you mixed soda and water. Now put the mixture in the grout and wait for a while then scrub with brush or scrubber. now rinse with warm water.
If you are reluctant to do the process, you can collect commercial grout cleaner from outside.
Tips for cleaning tile grout
1. keep away the mixture of soda and vinegar from your kids. It may be harmful to them.
2. when you clean the floor or grout with water, floor will get wet. so be careful about slippery on wet tile. A little carefulness can save you from an unexpected situation.
3. when rubbing the grout with brush or a scrubber. Make sure it’s a nylon scrubber. Because nylon scrubber works best to wipe out the dust. If you don’t have the nylon one , no problem you can continue with regular one.
4. Keep your window open or ventilate the area if the smell of vinegar bothers you.
5. Don’t mix the vinegar with soda.
6. finally if the grout stains are hard to clean or mop, then I will recommend you to go for tile cleaner. There are a lot of cleaners available in the market. you can choose any one as per your needs.